$6000 Australia Day Open Fours
Four games of 10 ends, Each team of four plays two games undercover and two games on our grass green. With $6000 in prize money, this is one of Melbourne’s most lucrative open bowls competition. Entry is strictly limited to 32 teams.
Conditions of Play
All Matches will be played in accordance with the current edition of the Laws of the Sport of Bowls, Bowls Australia Domestic Regulations, Bowls Victoria Rules for Competition and Conditions of Play.
1. Attire: Bowls Victoria Regulations for Attire apply.
2. The events comprise 4 games of 10 ends.
3. A briefing will commence at 9.25am, followed at 9:35am by one trial end, players using two bowls each before the first game. No further trial ends are allowed.
4. Re-spotting the Jack. There will be no dead ends caused by the jack displacement. The jack will be re-spotted in accordance with Law 56.5 and placed 2 metres from the ditch on the centre line of the rink and play will continue.
5. Restricting movement of Players. Other than changing over, the skip will only be allowed to walk to the head on one other occasion during each end.
6. At the conclusion of each game, skips are to ensure that score cards correspond, and then the winning skip will return both cards to the Tournament office located outside function room main door before commencing the next game.
7. Next games are to commence as soon as the designated rink becomes available.
8. A lunch break will be taken after the second game.
9. Each game winner will be decided on shots up, receiving 10 points for a win and 5 point for a tie. Each team shall receive an additional one point for each end won in each match. The overall winner will be the team with the highest number of points. If teams are equal on points, the winners are determined by shots up, then shots up divided by shots against.
10. Prizes are awarded for 1st Prize: $2400, 2nd prize $1200, 3rd Prize $800. Best margin for each round $400
11. No team can win more than one prize.
12. The Controlling Body has the right to alter the conditions of play if necessary.