Ready for the next challenge?
Dandenong Club (the Club) is based in the Sth East of Melbourne with over 5000 members. The Club has function and entertainment facilities, gaming operations, bar, and dining facilities. A growing part of the club’s operations is its lawn bowls programs.
The Club now has first class bowls facilities. They include a Tiger Weave green and roof and an open grass green. This facility is amongst the state’s most modern and well-equipped bowls facilities.
The Club maintains a stated objective to encourage more bowlers to bowl more often. Since 2018 membership has risen by 346% and casual participation exploded through the introduction of more regular bowls activity, including corporate events, barefoot play and the introduction of midweek day and night play at the Club under our new undercover facility.
The Club competes in national competitions, BPL and UBC. It has a significant number of teams active in the Bowls Victoria Pennant competitions and provides day and night competition play most days throughout the year. The Club’s undercover facility is being increasingly used for major events and tournaments. Included is a retail outlet providing increasing face to face and online sales.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic person to lead a small and dedicated team in the further development of the Clubs significant aspirations for growth. The person we seek to fulfil this complex role will be required to enhance the playing performance of the club’s bowling members, increase overall participation levels, grow revenue generated directly through bowls activities and ensure the highest level of service and satisfaction to bowling members.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is suitable for a forward thinking and motivated individual with sound knowledge of the structure and operations of Lawn Bowls. Our expectations are you will bring playing/coaching experience at a state of national level. You will have the capacity to act and think independently, be able to readily adopt and take advantage of new technologies and demonstrate a sound understanding of modern business practices.
The Manager, Bowls Operations has direct responsibility for the following:
Retail and product promotion
- A proven leader that demonstrates a track record of personal development.
- Strong levels of business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A highly capable bowler with experience at a national level.
- Experienced coach.
- Applies an energetic, customer-first approach to business.
- A high degree of communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a high capacity to teach.
- Has a significant network of lawn bowls contacts and can demonstrate the ability to leverage these.
- People management experience with an ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders – i.e. Playing members, selectors, co-workers.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Strong presentation skills High levels of computer competency (MS Office applications and Bowls Link)
- Tertiary education qualifications highly regarded (i.e. Sport Management/Sport Development, Business, Educational).
- Management experience within a sport and recreation role.
- Teaching / Coaching experience
How to Apply:
Applicants should forward their CV and cover letter by email to Club General Manager, Ross Dunlop at email@example.com
Applications Close Friday May 21, 2021.
A detailed position description for this position is available here